SUU Design - v2.1.0.3 Problems And Issues - Old Official Forum

Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » v2.1.0.3 Problems And Issues
v2.1.0.3 Problems And Issues
DimsumDate: Monday, 2009-07-20, 2:52 PM | Message # 1
Group: Users
Okay I will split this into 2 parts to make everything easier. This basic test revolves around a directory of 26 files. A mixture of avi and wmv files. What I was trying to do was create an individual 5x2 screenshot of each video file and then combine all 26 screenshots into a combined single sheet using the "Combine all files in one picture" option.

I FOUND THE FOLLOWING TWO PROBLEMS:

1. Files are showing as successfully created, but are not infact created. Before the combined sheet can be created, VTM creates the individual sheets based on the preset chosen. Problem is that on one of the files, the individual output file was not created, but when checking the combined sheet - the 5x2 image was in fact present!

Even when I am not outputting to a combined sheet, I have had this problem where the program shows that the thumbsheet was created successfully (the name is not in bold in the file area) but no jpg file can be found. This problem I have been experiencing in every version since 2.1.0.0 came out.

2. It seems that when a whole bunch of videos are dropped and then "Combine all files in one picture" is checked at the bottom, if a single file or multiple files screenshot fails to get created, then the total combined image does not get created. VTM needs to be told to ignore the single/multiple individual file failures and still produce the combined sheet as requested with the videos that have been successful.

Of the 26 files I tested, one of the files failed sometimes, but not all the time. So it was hit and miss. Sometimes a sheet was produced and sometimes it wasn't. The problem is that maybe it will or maybe it won't is not the best way to go about this. Either VTM is able to render the file to create the sheet or it isn't. The problem with this individual failure means that I have to start from the beginning if I want a combined sheet. Even though 25 individual sheets were successful, the problem that one failed yet it sometimes works means that I just have to risk doing it all again in the hope that the failed file will successfully be created as a sheet so that it can then be combined with all the other sheets.

>>UPDATE: I just did 6 tests with regards to when this actual file fails. This wmv file is successful when individually dragged and dropped to create a single sheet. However when it is dragged and dropped as part of the 26 files, it failed on 3 out of 6 occasions when "Sorted" was clicked. On the other 3 occassions "Sorted" was NOT CLICKED and this file rendered correctly and an individual and combined sheet was successfully created. So selecting SORTED must clearly cause some sort of internal issue.

My thoughts on fixing this problem:

-2.1 If the file fails to render and the "combine all files in one picture" is checked, then VTM should do a 2nd pass at the failed file to see if it can make the sheet. Afterall if it could make a sheet individually before hand, there should be no reason why it is failing now when asked to create it as part of a combined effort.

-2.2 If it has created 25 of 26 successful thumbnails and the remaining file allows to finally create a thumbsheet on its own, then it would be nice if VTM could just see these 26 jpg files and then create a combined sheet afterwards. This would save time having to create 25 jpg files AGAIN when there is no need to do so. Basically how this would work is that after we see the failed file (and a 2nd pass doesn't work - 2.1 above), we drag it INDIVIDUALLY into the file area and get it to create a 5x2 thumbsheet, and we check the box "Combine all files in one picture" - yeah I know what you are saying - this doesn't make sense for just one file, however VTM then notices all the other jpg files in the SAME DIRECTORY and then just combines those with the single one that it is outputting. If "Sorted" is clicked then they are organised alphabetically.

suu-designDate: Monday, 2009-07-20, 3:34 PM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
Tnx for your testing.
Quote (Dimsum)
This problem I have been experiencing in every version since 2.1.0.0 came out.

Since 2.1.0.0 the default output extension is "vtx".
Vtx is used to be opened with Video Thumbnails Viewer (it comes with VTM, just click on *.vtx file to open it). VTX is compatible with jpeg.
You can switch the output format in the Environment window.

DimsumDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-21, 12:49 PM | Message # 3
Admin, I don't think you understand what I am talking about with regards to point 1. here is a screenshot explaining the problem.

>>>>>> VIEW LINK BELOW <<<<<<

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3246/vtmissues.jpg

80 video files were dragged and dropped into the window and were left to create corresponding jpg files. After 40 mins, 64 files were successfully done (names not in BOLD) and 16 files failed (names in BOLD). Now when you look at the file area above, it shows the 2 Ava Devine videos as regular text (not BOLD) which means according to VTM, it successfully created the images.

Now look at the left window pane. That is Windows Explorer refreshed AFTER VTM had finished. If VTM had infact made those two jpg files as it claims (names are not in bold), then why are they not in the directory? You can see jpg files for all the other video files that were successful. This has nothing to do with the VTX extension. I have changed the default to be JPG. This is true given the fact that other files have successfully been rendered.

There is nothing wrong with these 2 video files, infact when dragged individually, they successfully create thumbsheets. VTM needs to do a better check that it is actually outputting these jpg files if it is going to state xx done, xx failed. In this example you can see 16 files failed, however in addition to these 2 files, another 3 files also did not have their corresponding jpg files, yet these files were successful individually.

Hope you will address problems in my original post too, thanks!

Message edited by Dimsum - Tuesday, 2009-07-21, 12:51 PM

suu-designDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-21, 1:26 PM | Message # 4
Admin
Ok.
What is written in that situation in the Diag.log file in the folder of the program ?

And how many BOLD items does VTM show ? 16 ?

DimsumDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 1:42 PM | Message # 5
Sorry for the delay. I didn't have the log file from that incident so I decided to wait till I had more files to thumbnail so that I could provide you with one. So last night I did 85 files and I knew this would make some fail.

To answer your question, the BOLD items/total DO NOT include the false ones. So if for example there are 16 BOLD files and 5 files show as successful but DO NOT have jpg files, these files are not included by VTM in the number of fails. So the actual fail is 16 + 5 = 21.

>>>>>> CLICK FOR THE SCREENSHOT <<<<<<

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3733/vtm2.jpg

All the shots that do not have a jpg file but VTM falsely claim as successful, are infact successful when dragged individually. The files that are bold actually fail no matter what - even when dragged individually.

Here is the log file that is linked to the URL above:

Code

14:17:09
Process started.

14:27:39
Can't set PropertyItem.

14:27:39
Can't write the image near the video, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Allie - NaughtyAllie.com [Titty Fuck].wmv]

14:45:46
Can't set PropertyItem.

14:45:46
Can't write the image near the video, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Dakoda Brookes - DVD - I'm A Big Girl Now 9.avi]

14:56:20
RenderImage: Bad file or codec, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Lacey Cruz - NaughtyAmerica.com - Housewife 1 on 1.wmv]

14:56:31
RenderImage: Bad file or codec, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Lacey Cruz - NaughtyAmerica.com - Latin Adultery.wmv]

15:05:08
Can't set PropertyItem.

15:05:08
Can't write the image near the video, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Mulani Rivera - BangBros.com - Big Tits Cream Pies [btcp5868].wmv]

15:06:25
Can't set PropertyItem.

15:06:26
Can't write the image near the video, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Nadia - BustyBritain.com.mpg]

15:08:31
Can't set PropertyItem.

15:08:31
Can't write the image near the video, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Nancy - MomsACheater.com.wmv]

15:08:55
RenderImage: Bad file or codec, [C:\Downloads2\====== 2\Sara Stone - NaughtyAmerica.com - Naughty Country Girls.wmv]

15:16:51
Can't set PropertyItem.

15:16:51
Can't write the image near the video, [D:\New Folder (4)\Alanah Rae - DVD - Secret Diary Of A Secretary.avi]

15:18:03
Can't set PropertyItem.

15:18:03
Can't write the image near the video, [D:\New Folder (4)\Kagney Linn Karter - DVD - Secret Diary Of A Secretary.avi]

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 2:01 PM | Message # 6
Admin
As you can see - there is "Can't write the image near the video" error.
Try not to browse the folder while thumnails are creating.
It is not VTM fault.

On the othe hand i understand the error and VTM should mark BOLD that items. I will work on it.

Tnx for your reply.

DimsumDate: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 10:42 PM | Message # 7
Well it's not my fault either since nobody said don't browse the folder when VTM is outputting! Rather than suggesting not to browse the folder, can't you find a solution so that it will write to the folder even if we are browsing? When you do something like 60+ videos - it takes time (like more than 30 mins) so it would be nice if we can do other stuff while VTM is working rather than having to wait for it to finish.

If we are not renaming the folder (or changing any timestamps), moving files etc - I still can't see why VTM cannot carry on making jpg files?

Thanks for your help!

Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » v2.1.0.3 Problems And Issues
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013