Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Not able to process somo WMVs video files
Not able to process somo WMVs video files
fredericomotaDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-06, 5:27 PM | Message # 1
Group: Users
First of all congratulations for a very handy tool. biggrin

I just started using it now. I'm doing some transcoding using Procoder, outputing WMV files. I'm not able to use VTM with these files.

Is there any kind of restrictions when using WMV files.

Where can I find more information about the input video files type and restrictions when using VTM?

Thanks a lot.

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2008-08-07, 2:47 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
The program depends on codecs.
If you are using K-Lite Codec Pack - try to choose another decoder for WMV9 codec.

Choose "wmv9" decoder for "WMV3/9". Try to experiment with setting and choose another decoder.

Watch this
http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080717/AXG4M8D7il.jpg

and this
http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080717/U11HQ8mSmR.jpg

deeperez1Date: Thursday, 2008-10-23, 9:03 AM | Message # 3
outstanding work on this program admin !!

the features that this sweet tools lets you customize FAR EXCEEDS what i was expecting, and makes it my number one choice over MPC... there's only one drawback... I can't process any WMV files... and I already tried the instructions you mentioned above...

This tool works marvelously, it does everything I have ever wished MPC could do... but MOST of my video files are in WMV format... is there a patch or anything that can be done to accept WMV files? or is there another release coming out soon that does this?

Thanks for all your excellent work !! hopefully we can overcome that last "file type" hurdle. smile

EDIT: Although admin's procedure did not work on my PC at my office, it worked like a charm at home, made previews for over 100 videos "effortlessly" !! INCLUDING .WMV's !!!

My office computer must have the codecs messed up or something, I have to have it looked at...

Kudos on this wonderful and POWERFUL tool admin !!

Message edited by deeperez1 - Friday, 2008-10-24, 7:47 AM

jclewisDate: Sunday, 2008-10-26, 5:34 PM | Message # 4
Quote (suu-design)
The program depends on codecs.
If you are using K-Lite Codec Pack - try to choose another decoder for WMV9 codec.

I initially installed VTM on a Windows XP SP2 machine, and had trouble processing many older WMV files. I tried several different versions of K-Lite and switched, engines and WMV codecs, all to no avail. Then, I installed VTM on a Vista Home Premium machine with K-Lite 3.80s installed, and I can process all WMVs I've tried on that machine. I would be nice to figure out what is going wrong on the XP SP2 machine.

Nevertheless, I like your program very much. It does exactly what I need, and I have not found another program like it so far (for batch processing). Keep up the good work!

kinkowDate: Friday, 2008-11-21, 3:07 PM | Message # 5
Thank you for help biggrin

1l1ll1l1Date: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 5:55 PM | Message # 6
Quote (jclewis)
I initially installed VTM on a Windows XP SP2 machine, and had trouble processing many older WMV files. I tried several different versions of K-Lite and switched, engines and WMV codecs, all to no avail. Then, I installed VTM on a Vista Home Premium machine with K-Lite 3.80s installed, and I can process all WMVs I've tried on that machine. I would be nice to figure out what is going wrong on the XP SP2 machine.

Hi JcLewis, Maybe the computer you was using before switching to the Prenium machine, was only 32 bits, for 32 bits, you most select '' engine 2 ''. i dont know if its can be that, but im just guessing.

Or maybe somes codec enterfering whit Other codecs installed on this old Computer..... So the Prenieum machine Haved the good Codec to work whit VideoThumnailsMaker

Thanks to tell us that !!! so its definityvly not a error of VTM.. its just something whit youre computer.

Message edited by 1l1ll1l1 - Saturday, 2008-12-06, 5:58 PM

ralphdnDate: Saturday, 2008-12-13, 9:35 PM | Message # 7
OK, I'm just an average pc dope, and I'm not able to follow some of the technical discussion above.

This is a great program, and I have enjoyed using it, but I'm about to give it up,
I too cannot process my wmv files, and I, too, have a lot of them. Above you have stated:

"If you are using K-Lite Codec Pack - try to choose another decoder for WMV9 codec"

and you include two .jpg pictures which show some program which allows codec configuration. What program is this? The K-Lite Codec Pack does not contain an executable program - or possibly I have an older version?

I want very much to use your program for all of my video thumbnails, it is the best I have seen. Please, tell me how to solve the .wmv problem in language which I can understand.

I am using a Windows XP system.

Regards and thanks,
Ralph

EDIT: After installing the newest K-Lite version, I was presented with the option of configuring the codecs. This was the procedure which you spoke of above. Although I received an error message after configuring the codec as specified, the SUU Thumbnail Maker now seems to work.

I'm overjoyed!

Message edited by ralphdn - Saturday, 2008-12-13, 10:37 PM

1l1ll1l1Date: Sunday, 2008-12-14, 12:21 PM | Message # 8
same, im still have some probs whit Certain Codec..

I use, k-lite basic,,,, The Best one for me, cuz i dont want Media Player Classic.... i hate it.... and, ,, he have no Bugs in this one....

anyway....

=============
NOTE
=============

The K-Lite Codec Pack contains a tool called MediaInfo Lite. With that you can get a lot of useful information about a media file. For example what kind of audio and video format it contains.

See this link for more info !! :

http://codecs.freeforums.org/tutorial-getting-information-about-a-video-file-t1014.html

****this link is only for help whit Codec, Nothing related whit ''VideoThumbnailsMaker''*****

-----------------------

So, i suppose , if we use this tool of k-lite, we will know what codec or Filter we need to Decode WMV Files.....

I hope i can help a little bit....

Peace

Message edited by 1l1ll1l1 - Sunday, 2008-12-14, 12:24 PM

Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Not able to process somo WMVs video files
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013