SUU Design - Mostly Fails - Old Official Forum

Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Mostly Fails
Mostly Fails
yorick17Date: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 3:56 AM | Message # 1
Group: Users
First of all, Thank You for your efforts with this program. I really like the batch feature, which separates this program from all the others. However, I am having many more fails than successes when trying to extract thumbnails. I am able to play all of the videos in various players, but I am still getting mostly fails. I have tried using both engines, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. This is definitely a program that would be worth paying for if I could get it to perform consistently. I can get thumbnails using image grabber II from the same videos that fail using this program; but that program doesn't have a batch processing feature, and you have to manually enter video details. It is too bad, because I really like the potential of this program. Thanks again for your efforts.

suu-designDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 7:24 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
It all depends on codecs.
Try to change codec-pack.

I have no problems with this version of K-Lite (klcodec271f.exe)
http://files.filefront.com/klcodec271fexe/;5954115;/fileinfo.html
Try to uninstall your verson an to install this one.

There can be sound issues with that version of K-Lite (2.71).
So after installing it - unpack and install this fix (run Reinstal.exe)
http://www.hsteel.ucoz.ru/Files/Reinstall.zip

P.S.
What kind of files are you talking about ?
If you have problems with wmv - check this thread
http://www.suu-design.ucoz.com/forum/12-21-1
Also you can share with me some "problematic" video files. I'll check them.

yorick17Date: Saturday, 2008-08-30, 3:50 AM | Message # 3
Thanks for replying. I am not sure that it is a codec problem, as I am able to play the videos in many different players. Also, it fails on some videos, and works on others that share the same characteristics and properties. for example; say that I have 20 videos from the same source (same properties, format, codecs etc...), I may have 5-10 fails. If I run the ones that failed again, I may be able to reduce that number by half. If I re-run the remaining fails agin, they might all end up successes, or there may be one remaining fail. Sometimes If I close the program and try again later I might be able to get thumbnails from that one also, or sometimes not. So I guess I don't understand why it works sporadically at times on files that are similar.
If you say you are sure it is the codecs, I will try installing the codecs you suggested. Since I am not an expert on codecs, I am a little hesitant to install the k-lite package, because when I went to do that it wanted me to delete my divx, xvid, and XP codecs. So not being an expert, I didn't want to do that, and not be able to use my usual media players. Again, thanks for your time, and your response. I hope this all makes sense.

suu-designDate: Saturday, 2008-08-30, 5:39 AM | Message # 4
Admin
It looks like your PC is not powerful enought to rewind video-files in appropriate time (~5 secs). My program rejects files which can't be rewinded in appropriate time.

I need to know - does the file processing always fail straight away of after the progress bar moves a little ?

Also you can check Diag.log file located in the program's directory for more diagnosis.

yorick17Date: Monday, 2008-09-15, 6:16 PM | Message # 5
I am not sure what the system requirements are to use this program, regardless, I am donating some money to support your great efforts. If my system is currently not capable of using this program to it's full potential, maybe when I upgrade I will be able to. Thanks for a great program, and your continued development of it.

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2008-09-18, 2:39 AM | Message # 6
Admin
Tnx. Would you want to receive a special key for the program ?

yorick17Date: Thursday, 2008-09-18, 2:51 PM | Message # 7
Thanks, that would be great.

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2008-09-18, 4:49 PM | Message # 8
Admin
Quote (yorick17)
Thanks, that would be great.

Check PMs.

montegigaDate: Friday, 2009-02-20, 4:04 PM | Message # 9
I'll just revive this thread because I have about the same problem.
The program nearly always fails do to thumbnails ... sometimes though, if I'm very lucky it succeeds. I really like your program, it's the first time I ever thought about donating or getting a activation key - though, I can not do that as long as it fails in 99% of the time (for some files).

I'll provide you with some more detailed information... maybe you'll find a reason and maybe also an answer to it wink

The Diag.log says nothing but the time plus "Process started".

System: Q6600, HD4850, 8GB DDR2, Vista_64
Concerning codecs, there is ffdshow (I think from CCCP).

So, this is why I can't believe the 5-sec thingy has anything to do with it - or what kind of PC do you expect people to have? biggrin
On the other hand, thumbnails are more likely to succeed, when I chose to make less pictures - very often though the progress bar stops after the first "block" (but actually it can happen at any time).

Look at these screens:

You can easily see by the activity when it freezes.
All I can do is to end the process and try it another time (or 100) times.

Most of my videos are x264 in mkv containers, I thought the file size probably has an influence too, but then again this file now only had 90 MB.

What about a version where you remove that 5-sec thingy (whats the point of that anyway?); just to make sure that this is not the cause?
Engine 1 or 2 doesn't make any difference.

Message edited by montegiga - Friday, 2009-02-20, 4:05 PM

suu-designDate: Friday, 2009-02-20, 10:58 PM | Message # 10
Admin
Tnx for your post.
I am working on it.

Would you like to try to change codec-pack or to change settings in the existing ?

montegigaDate: Monday, 2009-02-23, 3:10 PM | Message # 11
So, I deinstalled ffdshow.
At that point it looked like this:

Still didn't work.
What determines which codecs VTM uses?
I deactivated some more I didn't need and then reinstalled the latest ffdshow

Now it looks like this and it still does not work.
Now ffdshow offers about 10.000 options to change ... what would you suggest?

rozinDate: Tuesday, 2009-03-03, 6:24 PM | Message # 12
You'd better set the affinity to just one CPU rather than four. I had VTM always failed on my core 2 quad servers. Now it works like a charm.

Task Manager -> Processes -> Right Click on VTM -> Set Affinity -> Select just one CPU

Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Mostly Fails
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013