Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Some MPEG2 issues with version (Program needs a lot of work in the MPEG2 Department)
Some MPEG2 issues with version
asterixDate: Sunday, 2012-04-08, 8:21 PM | Message # 1
Group: Users
Hi, I just want to address some issues I've been having with this software.

Since 90% of the videos I use to make thumbnails are MPEG2 videos (MPG, TS, TP, VOB) I can't use the extreme engine functionality since it gives the infamous 0 Done, 1 Fail message and also turns my Windows 7 Aero to Basic Mode, I have the K-lite Code Pack, I tried the Win7DSFilterTweaker tool, I changed the Splitter from Haali to Gabest and also to LAV, I changed the H264 to ffdshow... but after all these, nothing worked, so I'm pretty much used to ignore the Extreme engine since if it works for AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV etc but it doesn't work for MPEG2 files, it is of no use for me. I don't wanna use the CCCP codes since having two packages could mess my computer really bad. I'm just asking if there's a solution for using Extreme Engine with MPEG2 files. And by the way the options "Choose shots manually and -2" are also unreachable for MPEG2 files.

Another issue related with the MPEG2 files: I usually work with the VTM v., I'm trying the new, but I got no good results. Pretty much all MPEG2 files gave me duplicated thumbnails, here are some examples:

I believe this is not a codec problem since this doesn't happen on version as you can see in the image below:

I tried both engines (1 and 2) and same result, and I believe the older versions prior have the same problem too.

Another problem I have is that for some MPEG2 files, the program doesn't give me the true resolution, as examples videos with a resolution of 1440x1080 says they are 1920x1080 (and again repeated thumbs)

You can see it is actually 1440x1080 on this image:

Another thing, on TS videos encoded with H264, it gives me a image with wrong aspect ratio thumbnails since this should be 16:9 and not 4:3 (funny thing on these H264 encoded videos, turns out it gives me a correct resolution and no duplicated thumbs):

Again, not a codec problem, here's a correctly done thumbnail of the same file by Media Player Classic which uses the codecs of K-lite:

The strongest point of this program is the fact that you can customize it a lot, and it works amazing with videos like avi, mkv, mp4, wmv, but with the HDTV and MPEG2 kinda videos which is what i need the most, it has some serious errors and issues, I mostly hope you can fix at least the duplicated images issue in MPEG2 files which is a really big flaw in the recent versions, that's why I don't want to update, so I'm gonna stick to the outdated version and deal with the fact that it crashes like 3 times out of 6, but at least it doesn't give me repeated thumbnails in MPEG2 files, although sometimes it gets cranky and when it should give me something like this from Media Player Classic:

Same codecs, same configuration but instead VTM gives me this:

PS: oh and by the way, another thing I noticed with videos with soft subtitles (SRT Files) in the same directory, the subtitles somehow screw the process of the image making, you should rename the subs file into a different name from the video, otherwise you are going to get a 0 Done, 1 Fail with the engine 1 and something like this with the engine 2 (the video is in color of course):

Message edited by asterix - Sunday, 2012-04-08, 8:33 PM
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Some MPEG2 issues with version (Program needs a lot of work in the MPEG2 Department)
Page 1 of 11

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013