Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » MKV Files, and 10 second thumbnail intervals always fail.
MKV Files, and 10 second thumbnail intervals always fail.
JavsDate: Sunday, 2013-09-01, 11:59 PM | Message # 1
Group: Users
I have installed the codecs, the files play fine in Media Player for me...

I want to make single screenshots of all my films every 10 seconds in a large batch, my films are all 1080p remux's of my BD library, and they are rather large files, I cannot get the screen shot function to work with 10 second intervals, it always fails, saying render engine failed in the log file...

If I bump up the timer to 50 seconds and above it will work, this is whith JPG and PNG files...

If I buy the app can I be sure that the extreme mode will work at the 10 second interval?

If you can comment on weather this is a bug, or something you are aware will be resolved with the extreme engine, I will happily buy this app as it seems to be my solution if it wasnt for the glitch I am encountering.

I have tried a number of codecs and the fact that I can get this to work on any timer function over a minute or so indicates the problem lies within the app not my codecs. (I have found with smaller files in both file size and res it has no problems with the 10 second intervals in my testing. But this is no option for me I need 1080p large file size MKV screenshots, I also have tested this on my SSD, so disk speed is not an issue)

I have windows 8 x64, have tried running as admin, compatability mode.

I have also tried this on WinXP x32 and Win7 X64 on other machines.

Thanks for making this app.

Added (2013-09-01, 11:59 PM)
---------------------------------------------
My apologies,

I have the 10 second timer working now by using the Shark Codec pack for Windows 8...

The only problem I have now is that I cant go lower than 10 second intervals with some files, really large ones...

How does extreme mode handle the files differently? I think I will purchase this app now that I know it works for me.

Thank you.

suu-designDate: Monday, 2013-09-02, 3:16 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
What version of the program do you use?

JavsDate: Monday, 2013-09-02, 4:36 AM | Message # 3
Group: Users
Im using 5.0.0.3

I jut purchased silver from you.

I am now getting failures at the end of each movie file as the app tries to create a blank jpeg (perhaps with the 'empty' tiles; Im just exporting single frames). The log says that it doesnt have permission to modify the output directory. The single frames work until it gets to the end then reports a failure and deposits a blank jpeg in the directory.

I have tried a number of different locations to no avail, I cannot process more than one movie at a time, if I get a fail, I have to exit and restart the app for it to work again.

I cannot create a list and batch create thumbnails, this is why I bought the app, I have 700 movies I need to mine for thumbnails.

suu-designDate: Monday, 2013-09-02, 4:05 PM | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Administrators
Have you tried to use Crystal engine?

Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » MKV Files, and 10 second thumbnail intervals always fail.
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013