SUU Design - Feature Request - Create folder with file names. - Old Official Forum

Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Feature Request - Create folder with file names.
Feature Request - Create folder with file names.
JavsDate: Thursday, 2013-10-17, 7:29 AM | Message # 1
Group: Users
Hello,

I need to create approx 1000 screenshots from each of my films, I have over 700 of them and I love your program so far, though one thing is a little tedious for me, If I do a batch, apart from a high number of the files of the same exact type failing (a bug in your batch list coding I think; all the files work fine as single batch entries but fail if I do more than 5 at once) I have to manually sort the images into folders, and after a large batch this can number 30,000 images after doing 30 films... you can imagine this takes a great deal of time for me to do.

What I would love to see in a future version is a tick box under the 'Output Folder' quick setting field which allows you to 'Create Folder with File Name' and places each individual list item in a new folder created with its original file name...

This way I could batch all of my films and they would complete inside folders all seperated.

Thank you so much for making this program.

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2013-10-17, 2:38 PM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
Hello.

Thanks for your request!
Please tell me - have you tried to use Crystal Engine in version 5.0.0.3?

JavsDate: Friday, 2013-10-18, 0:39 AM | Message # 3
Hello,

Yes Crystal Engine is what I tried before I purchased the application and I found it to be very slow and actually failed more often, Once I purchased the Application, it seemed to make no difference in particular files working or not.

Extreme engine seems to work best for me, but I still get fails and once I do, I need to relaunch the app for them to process again.

Just the other day I batched 120 films and only successfully processed about 30 of them. All of the rest failed, and this was not in any particular order, it seemed to be random. I have never run into a problem processing files once I relaunch the app and do them as single items.

suu-designDate: Saturday, 2013-10-19, 5:21 AM | Message # 4
Admin
What is written in the Diag.log file in the program's folder after that fails?

JavsDate: Wednesday, 2013-10-23, 7:29 PM | Message # 5
Hello,

Here is the log for 7 files I just tried, 2 of them failed.

Its worth noting that while each file reports a failure with my settings they still take all the screenshots I require, its only when the app tries to make a thumbnail contact sheet at the end of the task that it reports "Can't write to user's output folder, [G:\Screenshots\_Frames]"

the two files that completely fail and the same error I always get when all my other files fail in a batch (keep in mind these files WORK when they are submitted alone) are refferring to the Renderimage function.

LOG:

10:24:15 AM
Process started.

10:42:39 AM
Can't write to user's output folder, [G:\Screenshots\_Frames]

10:42:40 AM
RenderImage function failed, trying to use Crystal engine [D:\BluRay\New World (1080p).mkv]

10:42:41 AM
Crystal engine failed too

RenderImage function failed, trying to use Crystal engine [X:\Night at the Museum (720p).mkv]

Crystal engine failed too

10:52:38 AM

11:05:23 AM

11:10:47 AM

11:24:10 AM

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2013-10-24, 1:24 PM | Message # 6
Admin
Interesting...
Could you run the same test except of "Output folder" checkbox is set OFF?
I need Diag.log content after that test...

SanduleakDate: Saturday, 2014-02-08, 10:29 PM | Message # 7
I would love to see the "Create folders with file names" option implemented, please do it.

suu-designDate: Monday, 2014-02-10, 1:48 PM | Message # 8
Admin
Quote Sanduleak ()
I would love to see the "Create folders with file names" option implemented, please do it.

Could you explain?

SanduleakDate: Saturday, 2014-03-15, 8:39 PM | Message # 9
Ok, let me explain.

I have a HUGE collection of videos, when I say HUGE I am talking about a million videos.

I keep them organized with an access database, in that database I usually keep 2 images from each video, one is the mosaic VTM creates with 29 frames from the video, and the other is a representative capture of the video that helps me identify each one of the videos visually.

The problem is that I have to select the mosaic and the representative capture manually, since VTM puts all of them into the same folder the problem I found is that if I try to process let's say 10 videos the output folder contains 300 images. Finding the appropiate image in the output folder is quite a time consuming process.

If the "Create folder with file names" option is implemented then incorporate the images to my database will be far less time consuming then the process I am using now.

Another interesting feature you could implement is not generating "reports" (understanding as reports the files where VTM writes the characteristics of the video, audio and video codec, duration, resolution, etc) for individual thumbnails, since every "report" from the same video is essentialy the same, we could pass with just one of those for each video.

I hope to have explained clearly enought.

JavsDate: Sunday, 2014-04-20, 10:03 PM | Message # 10
Again, requesting this option to be implimented...

The most SIMPLE way I can explain this is:

For each item in the list generating thumbnails, there should be an option to put the thumbnails from that item in a new folder which has the same name as the item in the list.

So if I want thumbnails from THE DARK KNIGHT 1080p.MKV

All the thumbnails will automatically be put into a folder next to the original file called THE DARK KNIGHT 1080p.

I have nearly 1000 films now and needs screenshots from them for my design and reference work, I bought this program to automatically get full size screen shots from a batch, but as this option is not currently in your program I have to limit myself to 10 films at a time because the folder that the screenshots go into end up numbering 10,000 images, and it takes me 20 minutes to sort them into folders.

ALL solved if you add a lovely little tick box for us smile

10 Items in the list will make 10 folders... 1 for each item and named accordingly. Very clean and fast.

Thank you for your consideration.

suu-designDate: Monday, 2014-04-21, 2:09 PM | Message # 11
Admin
Ok.
I've got your idea.

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2014-05-29, 1:19 PM | Message # 12
Admin
Done.

Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Feature Request - Create folder with file names.
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013