Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Stopped working after last update
Stopped working after last update
HmuryjDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 11:06 AM | Message # 1
Group: Users
Been using VTM regularly for a while now with no problems, last version used was 2.1.0.0. Just now installed the new 2.1.0.2 and it doesn't save images anymore.

It processes the files, says "Done", but no thumbnails appear in the folder. Like so:
http://f.imagehost.org/0610/done.png

I piled some files in there to test (mp4, avi, mpg, including the ones that worked fine with earlier version), it says '7 Done', but no thumbnails appeared.

Help would be appreciated.

Message edited by Hmuryj - Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 11:08 AM

kapokDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 11:35 AM | Message # 2
Interesting - same thing here.
I assumed it was because I'd broken something with some recent major updates incl latest MS Media Player & MS monthly updates.
Was going to investigate further.

But dropping back from Extreme engine to Engine 2, thumbnails are working again, and I've been getting by with that solution.

From your screengrab I assume you haven't registered - perhaps you can try another Engine, Extreme presumably not being available to you anyway.

HmuryjDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 12:49 PM | Message # 3
Both engines worked for half a year, up until today. Today - neither works. I haven't updated any software at all in weeks, haven't installed/uninstalled any either.

Here's the last thumbs i did before i updated (three-something hours ago) - http://f.imagehost.org/0419/David_Letterman_2009_06_16_avi.jpg. Decided to check for updates, saw new release, got and installed it. Now trying same file - same result as in screenshot in the OP, with either one of the engines.

Added (2009-06-23, 12:49 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Ok, apparently i'm stupid. What was done automatically by default is now an option, disabled by default: http://f.imagehost.org/0903/useless.png

So if you don't choose either it will just fire blanks at you. No idea how that is useful to anyone, but there you go, problem solved.

Message edited by Hmuryj - Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 2:02 PM

kapokDate: Wednesday, 2009-06-24, 0:51 AM | Message # 4
Hmmm, I now remember stumbling across that Classic (for other Viewers) setting a week ago which, strangely, is not ticked by default, so that was one reason for firing blanks. Think it really should be a default.

But for me I still have a problem even when it is ticked.

Engines 1 and 2 produce the usual good results.
But Extreme engine only produces text. With any default Preset I end up with a wide, thin JPG with required lines of text - the (00:00:00) Stamp text is mostly overlapping on a single line - but no thumbnails, and no space for thumbnails.

But even using Engine 2 it's still an excellent program!

HmuryjDate: Wednesday, 2009-06-24, 4:11 AM | Message # 5
Think it really should be a default.

Word.

Yours seems to be a whole different problem, though, so maybe you should make a separate thread, with the whole info and screenshots.
Easier to spot, better chances it'll be resolved sooner.

Message edited by Hmuryj - Wednesday, 2009-06-24, 4:14 AM

infimumDate: Thursday, 2009-06-25, 2:18 PM | Message # 6
Quote (kapok)
Engines 1 and 2 produce the usual good results.
But Extreme engine only produces text. With any default Preset I end up with a wide, thin JPG with required lines of text - the (00:00:00) Stamp text is mostly overlapping on a single line - but no thumbnails, and no space for thumbnails.

I think I have the same symptom.

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2009-06-25, 2:31 PM | Message # 7
Admin
Group: Administrators
Currently i am busy to make a new version.
I know the reason of your faults and will try to fix it later.
Stay tuned smile

Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Stopped working after last update
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013