Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » New ideas » Freeware ?
Freeware ?
edeeDate: Sunday, 2009-09-27, 8:58 AM | Message # 1
Group: Users
I'm confused ...........

I have down loaded the video thumbnail maker which is great ,but I just thought you should know , it's not freeware if you have to pay for full unrestricted use of the program . Asking for donations is one thing , but when I am forced to donate to get full use of the program it goes directly in the trash . I want to donate because I want to not because I have to .

Nice program but it will not be staying on my desktop , I don't like being bullied into forking over cash

Here is an Idea ....... why not issue the program as 100% unrestricted free and ASK people for donations instead of forcing donations out of people who want to use the program , that would be the respectfull thing to do

Message edited by edee - Sunday, 2009-09-27, 9:23 AM

suu-designDate: Monday, 2009-09-28, 1:53 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
I have spent 1 year on my first project - X3 map by Scorp. It is totally free, no limitations, just a free wish to donate. There are 20.000 of happy user of the program and less than 10 (!) donations from them. Tons of thankful replies but no donations.

My second project - VTM, i have spent 1,5 years for working on it. Many happy users. I must admit that VTM approach for donations was better but still not the better solution. I decided to change this.

And i believe 10$ is not the sum to discuss.

Old Official Forum » Projects » New ideas » Freeware ?
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013