Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

Page 1 of 11
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » New ideas » Video Thumbnail Maker (feature request :))
Video Thumbnail Maker
Nice2KnowDate: Thursday, 2012-12-20, 11:11 AM | Message # 1
Group: Users
Hi,

i am a vtm user for some years now - and i'm glad that i found this piece of software. it do fast, what other software is unable to do - for only 10$.

sometimes vtm crashes during thumbnail extraction (sadly the hole program crashes, it would be nice that you could prevent that and ignore the current file and continue with the next in the list) or it ignores (the process starts but immediately skips and tries the next file) videofiles (i cant see any reason for this, mpc is able to view the file). if i wait some time or reboot the system, there is a high chance that the extraction will start and success.
May be you can have a look on this problems for the next version?

now to my requests... smile
a) an option to copy file-creation or file-modification datetime from the source file to the image file(s)

since i like to play with the options, i do change my presets often. so i need to re-extract all thumbnails again. in a huge collection this could take some time... and there comes my feature request:
b) since some of us have a multi-core-system or are able to use hyperthreading, what about doing thumbnail-extraction parallel on multiple cores? the core-count should be editable, so the users can decide to use this feature or not...

i hope you continue your work smile

suu-designDate: Friday, 2012-12-21, 3:00 PM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
Hi.
(Nice2Know)
it would be nice that you could prevent that and ignore the current file and continue with the next in the list

It is a pity it can NOT be prevented since managed .NET code can not catch exceptions from unmanaged "codecs code".
I was a bit confused facing that .NET limitation.

a) have you tried to click on [DATE] label in comment section in VTM options window?

b) need to investigate

Nice2KnowDate: Monday, 2012-12-24, 5:49 AM | Message # 3
Group: Users
(suu-design)
a) have you tried to click on [DATE] label in comment section in VTM options window?

oh, my fault. i dont mean copy file-creation or file-modification time to the filename - i want to set them as file attributes to the image.

why? i often sort the videos in explorer by date - but if i do this - all the images will be at first place - since they have been created after the creation of the video file.

merry christmas happy

Old Official Forum » Projects » New ideas » Video Thumbnail Maker (feature request :))
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013