Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Can't render file (mkv problem?)
Can't render file
silentguyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-08, 2:49 PM | Message # 1
Group: Users
Hi!
I just loaded your nice tool because mpc did not work for me in this instance, and while your tool worked fine with my avi file, i keep ketting a "Go: Can't render the file" in the diag.log whenever it reaches an mkv file :-(
My system is definitly able to play those files, they play smoothly in mpc, wmp, ...

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2008-10-09, 7:20 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
Can you share a short exampe of that mkv video ?

silentguyDate: Friday, 2008-10-10, 6:45 PM | Message # 3
Quote (suu-design)
Can you share a short exampe of that mkv video ?

Hm, I don't really know how to best do this... most of my videos are rather big... but I tried all kinds of mkvs, containing xvid, h264, ... It's pretty much just different animes...
I guess that there is some codec problem or something, but sadly the log is not at all informative...
I use cccp, the best codec pack i know...

dlhDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-22, 0:58 AM | Message # 4
у мня такая же проблема возникла, изначально все работало отлично, а теперь тоже не рендерятся все mkv файлы, пробовал использовать 1.0.0.7, 1.0.0.8, 1.0.0.9 версии везде FAIL выдает, стоит виста х64 и к-лайт мега пак

файл для примера 50 МБ http://www.mininova.org/get/1896890

silentguyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-22, 4:48 PM | Message # 5
*sigh* I did not understand a word you said, but horray for automatic translation tools :-P
At least I'm not alone with this...

dlhDate: Monday, 2008-11-03, 11:12 AM | Message # 6
Переустановил K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.25, в момент установки указал использовть Gabest Matroska Splitter вместо Haali.

Теперь все работает.

suu-designDate: Monday, 2008-11-03, 1:41 PM | Message # 7
Admin
Классно!

Cool, tnx !

saber1Date: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 1:33 PM | Message # 8
I have the same problem. I tried to install the KLite Codec Pack using the Gabest splitter as shown above, but the Video Thumbnails Maker still failed to process .mkv files. In summary, using both KLite and CCCP (the anime fansub standard), Video Thumbnails Maker refused to process any .mkv file.

Is there any other fix that you recommend? I can watch .mkv videos, so my codecs seem to work fine in that regard.

Thanks for your time!

Added (2009-01-13, 10:38 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Sorry for this double post, but I seem to have fixed my own problem via the time honored method of trial and error.

I use CCCP, not KLite, and instead of using the Gabest video splitter as was recommended earlier, I use Haali. After messing with the settings random in CCCP, it seems that I managed to get the perfect balance. I'll try to recall exactly what I did.

First, run the CCCP Settings program (should be in the CCCP Start Menu folder). Ignore the first page, and hit next. I enabled the following:

UNDER HAALI MEDIA SPLITTER:
**Autoload VSFILTER (WMP & MC SUPPORT)
**Enable MPEG-TS

UNDER VSFILTER:
**VSFILTER Subpicture Pre-Buffering
**Show Tray Icon in Zoom Player (most likely unneeded but oh well)

UNDER FILE ASSOCIATION:
**I made everything play in Media Player Classic

And lastly, I Re-Registered all Filters (a check box at the bottom).

FYI, I'm running the version of CCCP that came out on 9/21/08. They don't seem to use numbered versions, so I'm referring to the date on the executable.

Hope this helps!

Added (2009-01-14, 1:33 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
One more thing I've discovered. VTM seems to only like to combine the thumbnails together as one image when the resulting image will be a perfect square.

Earlier today I was working with a set of .mkv files of the exact same make, model, etc (they were all from the same people of a specific show). All of these videos, no matter how many times I tried to do it, would allow VTM to compile a single image of each thumbnail. VTM would take a screenshot at 30 second intervals, but it would not combine all these images into one picture. I discovered (once again thru trial and error) that the way to get around its is to set the "Thumbnails Layout" to a square.

suu-designDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-14, 2:35 PM | Message # 9
Admin
I'll check it.

suu-designDate: Saturday, 2009-01-17, 2:17 AM | Message # 10
Admin
Quote (saber1)
All of these videos, no matter how many times I tried to do it, would allow VTM to compile a single image of each thumbnail. VTM would take a screenshot at 30 second intervals, but it would not combine all these images into one picture. I discovered (once again thru trial and error) that the way to get around its is to set the "Thumbnails Layout" to a square.

What did you mean ?
All of those video files have been processed successfully but there was no resulting picture with 5x4, 6x4 thumbnails layout ?

saber1Date: Sunday, 2009-01-18, 10:16 PM | Message # 11
Yeah, exactly. I ended up with a folder full of individual pictures, but no 5x4, 6x4, etc thumbnail layout image. The progress bar in the program would make it almost to the end, and fail at 99%.

suu-designDate: Monday, 2009-01-19, 2:29 AM | Message # 12
Admin
Check the file Diag.log in the folder of the program.

BulkieDate: Monday, 2009-01-19, 7:47 PM | Message # 13
HI

I even have a bigger problem.
I installed the Klite codec pack and i can play all files without problems in Windows Media Player, but i get every time a "failed" message when i try to create thumbnails.
The Diag log says "Cant render the file" on every file i try. it doesnt matter if i try avi, mpg, wmv and so on. no thumbs can be created.
Does anyone what could be wrong?

regards,
Bulkie

suu-designDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-20, 1:37 AM | Message # 14
Admin
Extreme engine has to solve all the problems smile

Otherwise you need to configure your codecs properly.
Try to change something in K-Lite settring (Start->Programs->K-Lite->ffdshow->Video Decoder configuration)

BulkieDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-20, 6:53 AM | Message # 15
Hi again!

Extreme engine has to solve all the problems

If you mean Environment -> Video rendering -> Engine2, that didnt helped. i got the same "failed" message and Diag.log showed "cant render the file".

Try to change something in K-Lite settring (Start->Programs->K-Lite->ffdshow->Video Decoder configuration)

I did but i wasnt sure what i should change, so i played a bit around with the settings but the result was that it still wont work.

After that frustrating actions i did the following.
I installed on another cmputer a fresh winxp, installed framework 2.0 and installed video thumbnails maker. Then i tried to find a video which was playable in windows media player and tried to create thumbnails -> No success, still had the same errormessages.
After that i did an online update and tried to create thumbnails ->No success, still had the same errormessages.
Then in installed the K-Lite Codec Pack and checked videos if the play well wih Windows Media Player, but i still got the same errormessages as before when i tried to create thumbnails.
What shall i do now? Try to install it on a 3rd computer? Try to Install the program on a computer with Win2k, Vista?

best regards,
Bulkie

Old Official Forum » Projects » Video Thumbnails Maker by Scorp » Can't render file (mkv problem?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013