Please note: this forum is outdated and is available only in read-only mode.
New forum can be found here

I have transfered 20 old user accounts to the new forum,
but they still need to reset password with a registered email.
The list of transfered users can be found here

[ ENG forum · RUS forum ]  
  Welcome Guest [ Register · Log in ] [ New messages · Forum rules · Search ]  

• Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Old Official Forum » Projects » Videonizer » Videonizer ignores duplicates which are not a duplicate
Videonizer ignores duplicates which are not a duplicate
skrDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-11, 6:04 PM | Message # 1
Group: Users
Hi!

I noticed that Videonizer will ignore some files because it thinks they are duplicates, but in fact they are not. This is difficult to trace because there is no hint which files are actually not added to the database and which files they conflict with. I tracked down one example of two small video files where I can add one but not the other. The files are *not* identical and even have different sizes.

There should be an option when adding files, so that you can see which files are ignored because of which already existing (supposed) duplicates. Also, it should be possible to add the files nevertheless.

Further, the strategy to detect duplicates should be optimized. At least the file size should be taken into account. Better: whenever a possible duplicate is detected (i.e. the hash of the first few kilobytes is matching), a byte-by-byte comparison could be triggerd for the whole file. Maybe it is sufficient to compare only three chunks (for performance reasons), e.g. some kilobytes from the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the files.

If you need an example, I can send it to you (2.5MB).

suu-designDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 12:51 PM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
you are right
this will be improved in 2.1.0.9...

send me that example...

skrDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 5:53 PM | Message # 3
Group: Users
Sent a pm with the details...

suu-designDate: Friday, 2012-01-13, 4:29 PM | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Administrators
done in 2.1.0.9

Old Official Forum » Projects » Videonizer » Videonizer ignores duplicates which are not a duplicate
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz
SUU Design © Copyright 2007-2013